Why you’ll Never Succeed at Twitter
7 Common Mistakes we made on Twitter
Now on the day everybody has the possibility of reaching more people on their fingertips thanks to the smartphones and mobile devices. It’s safe to say that the world is getting even smaller and the news flies around the world in a matter of seconds even if we don’t notice it.
…here are some mistakes you have to make if you want to kill your presence in twitter even before is started…
Here is where most of the times we don’t take a moment to see the advantages to show the world who we’re really are and is no wonder that if you or your company wants to succeed in social media you have at least setup appropriately your social accounts, here are some mistakes you have to make if you want to kill your presence in twitter even before is started:
- Don’t have a profile image, you’re still an egg: take a moment and view how other people will see you, how they can tell the difference between you and your competitor? Ring a bell, the images are all in marketing it doesn’t matter what you decide to use your photo or the company logo you have to remove the egg and be yourself.
- I don’t like hashtags: Yes, I know using hashtags is a little difficult at first and taking the decision to which one use is even harder, but face it, when you have not so many followers you can dedicate less time interacting but when you have hundreds or thousands of followers, well is hard to keep up track with all of them.
- Tweeting occasionally: Is hard to make a tweet and harder to look for something interesting to share, so why bother? Is enough with tweeting how a wonderful life is or not?
- Crappy headlines: Hey, I don’t have time to tweet so I have less time to write some interesting headline to reach more people and generated more interaction that will be reflected with more followers and impressions.
- Twitter and Facebook are the same, no? Yes, actually are the same as seeing play the Lakers and Clippers in Los Angeles in the same place, but with all whole different set of players, uniforms and fans.
- Retweeting is the key: why generated new content if everything is already out there and if I like someone else’s content probably is better to share all their updates with my followers.
- Everybody has to follow me: Probably people like my content so why bother to follow back.
If you identified yourself with one or more of these points’ congratulations, you’re destined to failure in twitter and probably with every social network out there, remember always that social media is a really a social channel of communication and you cannot in any way be like and island, human nature has always survived because it’s social skills and social media is not the exception.