For millennium love has been the most talked about, written about, sung about and misunderstood word in the English language. When we talk about love we are speaking of so much more than the common perception of love for your partner, your family or your favorite things. Love is an all pervasive entity that impacts on every thing we do, think and say, every single day.
There is a reason why love has always been the at the center of all great religions and faiths. Simply put, love is the ultimate power in the Universe. Everything good, joyful and wonderful in this world and in our lives is brought about by love. Everything negative, sad and destructive in the world and in our lives, is brought about simply; by a lack of love. The key to success and happiness is to “FALL IN LOVE WITH LIFE”.
If it were not for love we would not even exist. It was the poet Robert Browning who said; “Take away love and our earth is a tomb”. If the force of love were to disappear from the earth tomorrow, humanity would dwindle and eventually die out.
Everything we as human beings take for granted today was originally thought of, designed and created by people who loved what they were doing. If it were not for the Wright brothers’ love of the idea of flight, we would not have discovered how to fly. If it were not for people like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs who had a burning love and passion to create the personal computer we would not have the wonderful variety of technological gadgets that allow us to communicate and save us time and effort every day. Without exception everyone who has achieved great success in life has achieved it through love. By doing what they love, what they believe in and what drives them to get up every morning they have harnessed the power of love to achieve greatness and success.
What allows these exceptional achievers to reach the heights that they reach is exactly the same thing that resides in each and every one of us. We are complete – there is nothing missing in us or in our makeup. We all have, inside of us, the tools and abilities to achieve anything we desire. The key to success is understanding and harnessing the greatest power in the Universe – Love!
I can think of nothing sadder in life than to be sitting back at the end of our days looking back over our journey and saying; “if only”. Dr Wayne W. Dwyer says: “Don’t die with your music still inside you. Listen to your intuitive inner voice, and don’t get to the end of your life and say; What if my whole life has been wrong?”We owe it to ourselves to not allow that to happen. YOU deserve the very best – I know I keep repeating this over and over again, but that’s because it’s true. YOU really are the best. Nobody that has ever lived or will ever live has your unique mix of talents, skills, personality, looks and viewpoint. YOU ARE AWESOME! Once you accept and understand just how incredible you, individually, are as a person you are well on the way to achieving the happiness we all seek.
- When you wake up every morning don’t get out of bed and start your day immediately. Spend just a few minutes being grateful for all the wonderful things in your life.
- Be optimistic about everything. I often tell the story of the two men who get up in the morning and throw open their windows. One man says; “Good morning God!” whereas the second man says; “Good God! It’s morning!” Be that first man! So often we look at situations and events from a pessimistic outlook. Embrace the positive – we live in a world of duality; in every negative situation or event there is always something positive to be found, if you look for it.
- Stop wandering around in a state of utter unconsciousness. Most of us are totally unaware of our surroundings and the beauty in them. We wander around, either wrapped up inside our own heads planning this or that, or worse still nose down peering at some device or other. Look around you – “smell the flowers!” Even in the most concrete of urban jungles there are beautiful things to be seen. Look for them – put away the electronic devices and see the beauty in nature, in architecture, and in the people that are all around you.
- Wherever you go and whatever you do, be constantly on the lookout for things you love. Say to yourself as you walk along, or drive along; “I love the shape of that building; I love the smell of those flowers; I love the color of that woman’s hair; Oh, I absolutely love that handbag, those shoes, that car, those mountains, that mall etc etc…”
- Make a list of the things you love: I’ve mentioned before the power of actually writing (or typing) things down.
- Don’t criticize, judge or gossip about others. That is not giving love! There is so much to love about everyone we meet; if we look always for the positive in people. We don’t know their stories and we can only change one person – ourselves; so “live and let live!”
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. We become the sum of the people and attitudes of the people we are closest to.
I’d like to finish today with an incredible thought for the future:
If everything negative in this world is brought about by a lack of love, ponder for a few moments the immense power of individuals who actually choose to love. If we all agree that the world needs more love, then what are we waiting for? Let us all make the change and “fall in love with life”. If enough of us do we can actually tip the world from negativity into positivity; then just sit back and watch the wonders that will occur when that happens.
We live on a gorgeous, beautiful, planet with infinite resources. There is no shortage of anything and when we, as a human race, fully accept the concept of loving each other; embracing and celebrating our differences rather than fearing or hating them – we will have created the world we were always destined to inherit. Be part of the movement to change our world, by changing yourself. You can and do make a difference.
This article is an abridged version of a much more expansive article on the topic. The full text of the original article can be found here: http://grantleishman.weebly.com/my-blog/love-is-a-beautiful-song